Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's a Girl (Or a Country or the World) To Do?

Professor J,

Just for fun lets imagine a world where we wake up and the dissenters have been won over. Oil company executives and share holders don't even care about profits anymore because they've read your last post and come to their collective senses. Good God, the conservatives are even on board.

So, the first action or piece of legislation would be?  I'm asking this question because I'm not sure people understand what they can do.

I am not saying that it all seems so dire we shouldn't act. I am simply asking what actions should be taken and in what order.

For those of us who even care to collect rain water, recycle, compost, keep bees, etc. it all seems like a drop in the ocean. I do those things more out of a feeling of personal morality and responsibility than because I feel that they make a real difference.

What I really want to know is--if you could wave your magic wand and have the entire country, no, let's say the world, in full agreement and ready to move forward on real solutions--what would that look like?

While you are at it please tell me of any other problems you think would be created or solved at the same time? And at what point (perhaps scientists already have something quantifiable in mind) would we know we'd turned the tide and averted disaster?

Once again this is just me with more questions. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...