Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Invisible News

 
Professor J,

Thank you for the thing that you can always be counted on for, a thorough answer. And yes you were correct in assuming that the places you mention were the ones I was speaking of. However I hadn't even considered the perspective that millions had gone from illiterate to literate under those regimes.

And that kind of thing is why I keep showing up here every week. I don't know why we don't have legions of followers!

Meanwhile you were so busy answering that question you neglected your own topic. So since I'm swamped right now (what kind of crazy person agrees to blog for 31 days in a row?) I'm going to help you push that topic along before it is too far removed from the news...oh wait. Where was the news coverage? In case our readers want to be well versed on the topic when you get to it, here's some background.

TV Misses Yet Another Opportunity to Cover Climate Change

Sunday News Shows Ignore Historic Climate March 

That Big Climate March Thing? That Never Happened

I kept seeing posts about it show up in my FB feed, but then I follow a lot of environmental and conservation websites. The average person probably didn't even know anything was happening.

Here's a quote from Media Matters:

CNN aired only a third as much coverage as MSNBC on the United Nations' Climate Summit and related events including the historic People's Climate March. Even Fox News aired over twice as much on the subject compared to CNN -- though much of its coverage mocked or dismissed the events. 

Surprise.

Okay, Prof, back to you! 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...