Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Two Can Play

Professor J,

Yes, you summarized my points perfectly. 

When I said that if you question people you often find that they don't believe what they think they do, I simply mean that often people think that lines or blocks of thinking go together. If they are for or against (I don't know...let's use a hot topic like abortion) they may believe they'll line up politically with those who agree with them on that one issue in other areas, or veins within larger arguments.

You've disturbed my focus and I have a few questions (okay, and comments) about your random thoughts and quotes.

Ben Carson: Sadly he is correct. Our offense reflex is constantly on edge and we don't seem to have the ability to be offended AND listen. Why is that?

Somehow I doubt that teaching meditation would eliminate violence. Reduce it greatly perhaps, but total elimination by any means seems overly hopeful even for this optimist.

The drone over California comparison brings home the fact that we often condone and support actions we take in other countries that we cannot imagine happening here. I thought that was a brilliant point. 

Care to elaborate on the anthrax specifics you mentioned? 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...